Amendments were made to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On Medical Insurance”. Amendments will come into force from January 1, 2020.
From January 1, 2020, compulsory health insurance in the amount of 90 manats will be paid per capita on a calendar year at the expense of the state budget in the stages.
Compulsory health insurance premiums by employees and employers will be collected from April 1, 2020.
Compulsory health insurance premiums are determined as follows:
- Employers and employees in state and oil sector:
o 2% of the monthly calculated salary fund up to 8000 manats and 0.5% of the amount above 8000 manats;
- Employers and employees working in the non-state and non-oil sectors:
o 1% of the monthly calculated salary fund up to 8000 manat and 0.5% of the amount above 8000 manat.
- Physical persons working under civil-law contracts (service, assignment, works contracts and so on):
- 2% of the monthly income up to 8,000 manat, 1% of the amount above 8,000 manat;
- Any physical person engaged in entrepreneurial activities, private notaries, members of the bar assosiciation – in the amount of 10 manats:
- According to the Migration Code, all residents, except persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan, persons temporarily and permanently residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan are considered insured and have equal rights to access the medical services provided in the service package.